Profitable Growth Initiatives
ACG assists manufacturing and service companies develop growth strategies to successfully compete in today’s global marketplace.
Developing strategies to meet today’s complex and fast changing market, technology and competitive forces is a major challenge for many manufacturing companies.
ACG has a proven record of helping manufacturers develop and implement strategies to capitalize on the new business growth opportunities arising from these changes.
Our staff is comprised of former senior managers who had to formulate and execute new strategies at companies they managed -- many in turnaround situations.
Our strategic approach seeks to identify opportunities that integrate your company’s core capabilities with innovation – in products, manufacturing, and services – to achieve profitable growth and gain a competitive advantage.
We assess future market, competitive, and technology trends, as well as the impact of regulatory and economic changes on the business. Using this research, we identify several alternate strategy scenarios. These are reviewed in working sessions with your team and a final strategy is chosen.
Once the strategy is selected, the hard work of implementation begins.
According to a recent global survey by the American Management Association, 62% of companies are only moderately successful – or worse – at their strategy implementation.
ACG works with you to develop an implementation plan that defines major action plans, sets schedules, and assigns responsibilities. We know from experience that successful implementation also requires:
- Setting clear strategic objectives for your business
- Reviewing progress every quarter with employees involved in the implementation tasks
- Establishing clear communications with well defined and quantified metrics
- Providing employees with the resources needed to execute their strategy tasks
- More relaxed, confident and effective leaders, an increasingly ordered, responsive and ethical management style, and better relations between managers, employees and customers.